On the road to IT success
To meet the future demands of its business and customers, Stobart Group needed to ensure their IT systems were located and replicated across resilient state-of-the-art Data Centres.
With further investments and acquisitions planned for the future, Stobart Group required a scalable solution that could deal with any immediate increases in demand without disrupting their current service.
Following an extensive search for the best provider, the transport and logistics giant recognised that Onyx Group’s reputation for delivering an outstanding level of service and a range of geographically diverse data centre’s made them the perfect choice to update its IT systems and implement the appropriate infrastructure required to meet their ever-growing IT demands and requirements.
The business needed a robust high availability system and due to the rapid growth of the company, the need to store and host their business-critical data offsite in a fully resilient and secure environment was more important than ever before.
By utilising Onyx Group’s leading IT Infrastructure, Stobart Group were able to install their high availability IBM iSeries and associated Wintel servers at Onyx Group’s Glasgow Data Centre and additional servers at their Newcastle Data Centre facility, with the ability to move other key servers in future.
Onyx Group’s Colocation solution helped Stobart Group:
- Maximise the partnership between Enterprise Software and Onyx Group, locating their environment with a proven, trusted partner
- Maximise the uptime and availability of their data
- Spend more time on their core business activities
- Achieve total peace of mind for their data security and resilience
- Be safe in the knowledge that their IT Infrastructure can cope with any future increases in demand